Tips for better social media stories!
The social media world is ALWAYS changing and gaining new features for us, social media managers, to learn and market with! Currently, the new craze is IGTV and it is bringing some serious YouTube vibes to the popular, visual platform!
So, what EXACTLY is IGTV? Watch:
Now that you have somewhat of an idea about what IGTV entails lets dive deeper.
Obviously, IGTV is trying to immolate YouTube by offering channels with long videos which is great since Instagram only allows short videos for stories and I am pretty sure, only 60 seconds for feed videos. So, with that in mind, is this new feature a luxury or necessity when it comes to business?
...I think it's both!
- If you want to be able to shoot long videos without going back and forth between Youtube and Insta
- If you like everything in one channel
- If you think this will gain new followers and be a new way to show off your content
If you aren't a pro at Youtube, IGTV allows you create your own channel with ease
If you think Instagram's short videos/stories doesn't allow you to showcase your content to the full extent you want
If you want to make it easier and more accessible for all your followers to stay on one channel to view all your content
As you can see, IGTV can be both a luxury and a necessity for businesses. I would definitely suggest playing around with it and making it into a fun way to talk to your audience!
Who should be using this:
1) Vloggers /Bloggers
2) Instagram models / Influencers
3) Businesses without a YouTube Channel
4) Businesses who need more video on their pages
5) Entrepreneurs / Businesses who are involved in a lot of events, community stuff and anything FUN to keep the interest up!
Obviously, other people can use it too but I think these are the main groups who are going to benefit from this feature most!
-The Blonde Boss xo