Looks are definitely not everything but on social media, the look of your profile is definitely important!
I often see a lot of small businesses with all the social media channels but when you scroll down their pages its all cheesy stock photos from Google or other sources. I also see a lot of blurry images, poor design and messy text. This all needs to stop! Now, I'm not the social media po-po by any means but I like to see businesses succeed and in this day and age, it all starts with their online presence.
"But, I don't have the time or resources to post quality photos on a weekly basis!"
Every business is busy but social media marketing needs to be on the top of your priority list! You don't need to hire a professional photographer or have a film crew follow you around all day, you just need to be creative! I am going to give you a list of things to try when you are posting on your pages that will draw the eyes of your ideal customer!
1) Utilize User Generated Content - if any of your past customers posted a photo and tagged you or used your hashtag, REPOST IT! This is a good way to show your appreciation to your customer and engages other potential customers!
2) Repost popular content - Look back at your posts that people reacted to the most! Change it up a little and post away!
3) Use easy graphic design software to make cool flyers - I used Canva to create graphics for any events I am involved in, blog posts I write or just fun quotes/fun facts!
4) Pay attention to holidays, trends and events - This is a great way to relate to others while still remaining relevant in your industry!
5) Have fun with personal posts from time to time - Make your pages more humanized and less automated. Post photos of your staff, your dog, lunch at the office, etc. This is a great way to make your audience feel like a part of the team.
Now that you have some non-boring ways to post on your business' social media pages, you are on your way to endless opportunities! Close Google Images and start thinking deeper! What does your audience talk most about? What big companies do they follow? What are their online behaviors? Once you know these answers, you will be able to create lively content that will bring more followers, more customers and more $$$$$!
-The Blonde Boss xo