“Facebook is going to be testing ways to easily block offensive words from appearing in comments.” -Forbes
In honor or #WorldMentalHealthDay that occurred yesterday, IT’S ABOUT DAMN TIME.
Forbes goes on to say that other people can report nasty comments and bullying when you are too scared to report them yourself. (I’m definitely not scared to report, take that bullies!) Certain words will be blocked and content will be able to be reviewed before showing on your pages.
Small steps towards a big change!
I have witnessed online bullying on a personal and business level - both really boil my blood. It’s just a way for insecure people to feel somewhat better about themselves by leaving horrible comments on people’s pages. As, a social media manager, I am always monitoring comments and reviews for my clients. It amazes me how ONE bad comment can ruin a company’s reputation and dull their credibility. So, I am very excited about these new Facebook tools to help deter negativity and stop the haters!
Here is my two cents on top of my other two cents (and something I recently learned):
1) Unfollow people who don’t POSITIVITY serve you
2) Don’t be a hater, find out why you feel the way you do and look at yourself before leaving mean comments
3) Use social media as a support system/community and spread positivity
4) Don’t take negative comments to heart, remember that those people might be having their own issues that they need to work out
5) Use the new Facebook Anti-Bullying Tools to monitor the content being posted on your business pages - it might save your butt one day!
This blog inspired me to review more upcoming social media updates because, there are A LOT of them I am trying to catch up with!
Feel free to comment with your thoughts on the new FB update!
-The Blonde Boss xo